Monday, May 31, 2010

Sad

I have been showing dogs for over 25 years.....and I have only just recently had a truly bad experience under a judge. My heart was broken with one quick comment.

So far this show season, I have watched a particular dog constantly win even though it is a truly poor example of the breed. I have listened to comments from surrounding people and they are also amazed and appalled that this dog continues winning and quickly racked up a championship.

I recently saw a dog dismissed on the 4rth show of a four show weekend . This little dog was trying hard and showing it's little heart out, but the judge deemed it unworthy of the ring even though it was pointed and just went thru three other judges that same weekend. Why??? Why dismiss this little dog and leave an animal with disqualifying faults in the ring.........I know I will continue to show - but, after having seen this, it will take time to get my heart back into the shows and to restore my faith in some judges opinions.

I guess it is true - even though I have defended against this comment for years and continue to handle my own dogs - sometimes it really is about who is on the end of the leash.

No comments:

Post a Comment