Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fun Dogs

I had to laugh at my young boys this morning. There are three of them under one year old. They all play well together and still enjoy to wrestle and chase. There are several girls in heat at the house and even though I have seen the youngsters sniffing the air for a few seconds, they are still more interested in playtime than anything else. Thank Goodness, I am in no hurry to have them grow up.

Well, this morning the young ones were going about the business of seeing who could chase each other up and down the hill the fastest. The Shepherd - Lhektor and the Bullie - Edward - came tearing down the hill and rounded the side of the house. They stopped up short and put on their best manners when they seen the king of kings - the alpha male standing there. The young Rottie - Vhegor - was coming full tilt and did not see the alpha male and ran smack into him. Knocked the wind out of both of them. The look on Lhektor and Edwards' faces was priceless. You could see that they could not believe what just happened.

All ended very well. Trapper - the alpha - was very patient and just gave the young Rottie a growl and a stern look as much to say "you are not worth my time".

I am so fortunate to have a pack that I can run several dogs together. I have heard from other breeders that there is no way this can happen and that I am full of ....well you know.

I am very careful and monitor who can run together and who should not. However, that said, it is not uncommon to see 6 -8 dogs of both sexes playing together in my yard ( not mixed sexes when the girls are in heat of course ).

Would like to hear from others that are able to run their boys together.

No comments:

Post a Comment